A position of involvement, support, and commitment to educational excellence.
Advisory Board members automatically receive membership in our Director's Circle.
A member of the Advisory Board is appointed to hold a position of demonstrated involvement, support, and commitment to the Charles W. Lamden School of Accountancy.
In accepting this three-year appointment, an individual agrees to fulfill the requirements and meet the responsibilities associated with the Accounting Leaders for Education Excellence Advisory Board membership.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute a minimum of $2,500 (including matched gifts) each year
- Facilitate faculty research and case development by helping faculty gain access to real subjects and real-world examples
- Actively participate with the Charles W. Lamden School of Accountancy to promote the accounting program as well as the profession.
This may involve meeting with students, making presentations to classes and/or student organizations, attending major School of Accountancy events, and more.
- Assist in recruiting new members to the School of Accountancy Director's Circle by identifying potential new members and making personal contacts to solicit membership.
This may include telephone calls, personal visits, hosting a development event, a handwritten note, etc.
- Attend and participate in no more than two Advisory Board meetings each year (Fall and Spring)
- Provide feedback on programs and initiatives
- Serve in an advisory capacity to the William E. Cole Director of the School of Accountancy